1. ZOE ROSE (almost) famous vegan + gf banana bread (recipe below)
So you'll see that my snacks are mostly vegan ( as is most of my diet, although I do eat the occasional fish or cheese!). I find that I feel my best when I focus on eating whole, organic, plant-based foods as much as possible, and typically go for almond or cassava flour based bread/crackers/chips with minimal, clean ingredients. If it isn't obvious, I LOVE fruit, Avocado, and chocolate. Obviously this is what works for me, and nutrition is never one size fits all! But if you are looking to spice up your snack game - definitely give some of these a try and let me know what your favorite snacks are!
ZOE ROSE (almost) famous vegan + gluten free banana bread
3 Ripe Bananas
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup of Almond Milk, Oat Milk, Hemp Milk (I've tried with a variety of plant-based milks, and all have worked well! - I'm currently loving Oatly)
1/3 Cup of Olive or Avocado Oil ( I love Chosen Foods Cooking Oils + Sprays)
1 Cup of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats
3 Flax Eggs
1 Box of Simple Mills Yellow Cake Mix
Handful of chopped nuts
Handful of Enjoy Life Vegan Chocolate Chips
Handful of Blueberries (delish!)
1. Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees
2. Lightly spray 8" x 8" square baking dish with Avocado Oil
3. Mix 3 Tablespoons of Ground Flax Meal with 9 Tablespoons of Water, Stir and let sit for 10-15 Minutes to create 3 Flax Eggs
4. Smash ripe bananas with a fork
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly (excluding the Optional Add-ins!) - should still be slightly lumpy!
6. Mix in congealed Flax Eggs
7. Pour into lightly coated baking dish
8. Sprinkle in Optional Add-ins if choosing to do so
9. Pop in the oven for 30 Minutes!
10. Remove from the oven and allow 10-15 Minutes to cool before diving in - careful, those melted chocolate chips are HOT!
Leave a Reply.